DO YOU NEED TO:
- Speed your quote to cash cycle?
- Support multiple license technologies and delivery methods?
- Quickly implement new licensing models?
- Support contact centers?
- Integrate new company or product acquisitions?
- Support royalty payments to 3rd party license providers?
- Support volume purchase contracts?
- Support usage reporting?
- Control access to online downloads?
Speed revenue recognition to within minutes of order placement and manage all aspects of the complete, software life cycle to create new revenue opportunities.
MANAGE ACCESS RIGHTS TO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, CONTENT AND SERVICES FOR ALL YOUR PRODUCTS ON- PREMISES OR IN THE CLOUDModusLink’s Entitlement Management Solution is powered by our enterprise-class Poetic® software. This platform, available in the cloud or on-premises, provides software publishers, channel partners and end customers with a single, centralized portal for the control of intellectual property. The platform supports the full lifecycle of license and entitlement management functions including perpetual, term and trial licenses, maintenance, support, upgrades, usage, subscriptions and renewals. Poetic® is highly configurable out-of-the-box to support new and existing licensing models for products and services across multiple clients, geographies and channels. It accommodates multiple, client-specific business rules and system integration requirements to deliver cost-effective, self-service, low- touch entitlement management. With Poetic®, you can speed revenue recognition to within minutes of order placement. It also provides the business intelligence to know what products, features and services are deployed and supports critical business decisions impacting revenue and client satisfaction. Poetic® is easy to integrate with existing business processes with mature, existing APIs. It supports multiple operating systems, browsers and database platforms and is highly scalable and easily customized to your unique IT environment and product lines. No matter where you or your customers are located, this comprehensive solution is available from a single, global provider. ModusLink’s Entitlement Management Solution can be easily tailored to your unique business needs.
WEALTH OF FEATURES IN A CENTRALIZED, GLOBAL ENTITLEMENT MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
License ActivationFacilitate quick and easy processes for placing your products into service. Collect required information from users to properly install and license products in a self-service model and allow users to assign licenses to correct organizational units.
- Activate multiple license key generators
- Manage simple or highly complex product configurations
- Support calls to remote or third-party key generators
- Generate license authenticity codes for partners
- Batch processing for activation, re-host, upgrades and returns
- Manage activation validation rules such as required products, quantities or combinations
UpgradesSimplify and automate available upgrade notifications to your customers. Help customers run most recent versions to ease support and maintenance, capture incremental revenue and manage multiple product configuration changes in a single step.
- Supports free and paid upgrade programs
- Support for complex product mapping and changes during the upgrade process
- Extensive selection criteria allows you to target individual companies or machines for upgrades
- Can be configured to generate and send new keys automatically or invite users to generate them as needed
- Define rules for upgrades
- Push critical patches
- Determine number of affected users prior to an upgrade
Electronic Software Download ControlControl access to online resources and downloads, ensuring that only entitled customers can access restricted files and providing producers with a protected method for delivering electronic data. The solution provides:
- Entitlement-based access to downloadable files
- Out-of-the-box integration with a leading content delivery network (CDN) provider
- Support for URL- and FTP-based downloads in addition to CDN
- Tracking of download initiation
- Ability to limit the number of times a file is downloaded by any one customer
Usage TrackingCollect and report on device usage. As the Internet of Things (IoT) heats up, the ability to capture and report the data generated by connected devices is going to be critical to companies’ abilities to provide the additional support, billing models and features that IoT promises. The solution provides:
- Ability to receive usage information and associate it with individual machines
- Connect machines to people through registration processes
- Track usage against entitlements
- Report on usage by machine and customer
- Support for pay-as-you-use and other usage-based business models